Canadian Institutes of Health Research
The Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) is Canada's federal funding agency for health research. Composed of 13 Institutes, we collaborate with partners and researchers to support the discoveries and innovations that improve our health and strengthen our health care system. Learn more about us
- Government of Canada funds 49 additional COVID-19 research projects [2020-03-19 13:30]
- Tri-agency message on COVID-19 [2020-03-16 15:00]
- Update on COVID-19 and impact on CIHR’s Policies, Programs, and Operations [2020-03-13 15:00]
- Canadian 2019 Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Rapid Research Funding Opportunity Results [2020-03-12 11:00]
- Government of Canada invests $27M in coronavirus research [2020-03-06 11:00]
Services and information
View current and archived funding opportunities and apply for funding.
Learn about CIHR's funding programs, application process, policies and requirements, forms, the review process, and decisions.
Initiatives created by the Government of Canada to investigate pressing health issues that are of strategic importance to our country.
Learn about the 13 "virtual" institutes, and the integrated approach that brings together researchers, health professionals, policy-makers, industry and patient groups.
What we are doing
- Date modified: