Canadian Institutes of Health Research
The Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) is Canada's federal funding agency for health research. Composed of 13 Institutes, we collaborate with partners and researchers to support the discoveries and innovations that improve our health and strengthen our health care system. Learn more about us
- Message from the Vice-President, Research Programs: CIHR’s commitment to enhancing equity, diversity, and inclusion in the research funding system [2020-10-14 10:00]
- Government of Canada and provincial partners support research addressing mental health impacts of COVID-19 on Canadians [2020-10-09 09:00]
- Message from the President: CIHR-funded researcher wins Nobel Prize [2020-10-05 16:40]
- Announcement: Membership of the Reference Group for the Appropriate Review of Indigenous Research [2020-09-30 10:00]
- Introducing the Safeguarding Your Research Portal [2020-09-14 10:00]
Services and information
View current and archived funding opportunities and apply for funding.
Learn about CIHR's funding programs, application process, policies and requirements, forms, the review process, and decisions.
Initiatives created by the Government of Canada to investigate pressing health issues that are of strategic importance to our country.
Learn about the 13 "virtual" institutes, and the integrated approach that brings together researchers, health professionals, policy-makers, industry and patient groups.
What we are doing
- Date modified: