Canadian Institutes of Health Research
Please note that the Reviewer Profile section of ResearchNet will be unavailable from 8:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday, March 2 due to scheduled maintenance. All other ResearchNet functionalities will remain accessible.
Please note that ResearchNet will be unavailable from 8:30 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. ET on Monday, March 8 due to scheduled maintenance.The CIHR website and the Canadian Common CV application will remain accessible.
The Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) is Canada's federal funding agency for health research. Composed of 13 Institutes, we collaborate with partners and researchers to support the discoveries and innovations that improve our health and strengthen our health care system. Learn more about us
- CIHR 2021-22 Departmental Plan [2021-02-25 15:00]
- Government of Canada invests in first-of-its-kind research study on the health impacts of inactivity [2021-02-24 09:00]
- CIHR Strategic Plan 2021–2031: A Vision for a Healthier Future [2021-02-23 14:00]
- (Updated) Notice of upcoming funding opportunity: CIHR Network for Emerging Variants Research (previously called the Canadian Network of Networks for SARS-CoV-2 Variant Research) [2021-02-12 9:00]
- (Updated) Pre-Announcement: CIHR Funding for SARS-CoV-2 Variant Research [2021-02-11 09:00]
Services and information
View current and archived funding opportunities and apply for funding.
Learn about CIHR's funding programs, application process, policies and requirements, forms, the review process, and decisions.
Initiatives created by the Government of Canada to investigate pressing health issues that are of strategic importance to our country.
Learn about the 13 "virtual" institutes, and the integrated approach that brings together researchers, health professionals, policy-makers, industry and patient groups.
What we are doing
- Date modified: