Canadian Institutes of Health Research
The Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) is Canada's federal funding agency for health research. Composed of 13 Institutes, we collaborate with partners and researchers to support the discoveries and innovations that improve our health and strengthen our health care system. Learn more about us
- Government of Canada invests in new research to address COVID-19 variants [2021-03-26 11:30]
- Government of Canada announces new partnership with the Netherlands to fund type 2 diabetes research [2021-03-25 10:30]
- Government of Canada invests in new COVID-19 research projects across the country [2021-03-12 11:30]
- Emerging COVID-19 Research Gaps and Priorities Funding Opportunity [2021-03-03 16:00]
- The federal granting agencies announce funding to encourage vaccine confidence in Canada [2021-03-03 16:00]
Services and information
View current and archived funding opportunities and apply for funding.
Learn about CIHR's funding programs, application process, policies and requirements, forms, the review process, and decisions.
Initiatives created by the Government of Canada to investigate pressing health issues that are of strategic importance to our country.
Learn about the 13 "virtual" institutes, and the integrated approach that brings together researchers, health professionals, policy-makers, industry and patient groups.
What we are doing
- Date modified: