CIHR Contact Centre
Providing the information you need, when you need it
CIHR is delaying the July 2022 deployment of multifactor authentication in ResearchNet. Learn more
Officers are available Monday to Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. ET.
Toll Free: 1-888-603-4178
For all media enquiries, contact:
Welcome to the CIHR Contact Centre – your point of contact for CIHR information!
As a central repository of information, the Contact Centre provides an easy-to-access “one-stop shop” for any questions related to CIHR.
If you have a question:
Please provide as much information as possible in order to expedite a response from our team. This may include but is not limited to sharing your name and institution, CIHR funding opportunity name and weblink, and CIHR PIN. If you are experiencing technical issues, please provide screenshots (when applicable) to help with the investigation.
Program and Funding support
Our officers are the first point of contact and a great source of knowledge to assist you with any information or support that you may need.
We manage all types of inquiries regarding CIHR’s funding opportunities, competition and peer review processes, post award/grant inquiries, and technical support.
- Upon receipt, your inquiry is triaged and will be assigned to a Processing Officer.
- Depending on the nature of the inquiry, response times will vary according to CIHR Contact Centre Service Standards.
- Inquiries related to system access issues, eligibility, and general post-award/grant inquiries are handled directly by the Contact Centre.
- Policy interpretation, peer review and competition process inquiries typically require input from subject matter experts, so other CIHR teams will be consulted as needed.
- For e-mails containing multiple questions, each question may be subject to a different service standard.
- In cases where the Contact Centre is experiencing high volume that may have an impact on upcoming competition deadlines, inquiries will be managed on a priority basis.
- Unplanned system interruptions may cause an increase in volume of inquiries and are subject to the CIHR Electronic Systems Service Standards, which outlines when grant extensions may be issued for confirmed interruptions.
We coordinate the application submission intake for all CIHR funding opportunities to screen for eligibility and prepare applications for the peer review process.
We process all requests for changes to grants and awards after funds are awarded (e.g., expense eligibility, leaves of absence, changes to applicants, End of Grant Reports, Authorization for Funding, etc.).
- For requests with a financial impact, the Contact Centre collaborates with CIHR’s Finance team for review and processing.
- Certain CIHR investment data are available on CIHR’s Funding Decisions Database, in CIHR's section of the Open Government Portal and in the Canadian Research Information System. Questions or requests for additional data may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We support users with system access queries regarding ResearchNet, Canadian Common CV (CCV), PINs, and all other technical inquiries.
Courtesy and respect
CIHR understands that applying for grants and awards can be time consuming and stressful, and that emotions can get the better of all of us. While most interactions between the research community and CIHR staff are cordial and polite, there have been instances of disrespectful behaviour. For this reason, CIHR would like to remind the research community that we are committed to providing and maintaining a safe and respectful workspace for our employees. CIHR will not tolerate comments that are insulting, or language and conduct directed towards its employees that is hateful, aggressive, obscene, slanderous or abusive. Please remember that on the other side of the phone or keyboard is a human being.
Canadian Institutes of Health Research
160 Elgin Street, 10th Floor
Address Locator 4809A
Ottawa ON K1A 0W9
160 Elgin Street, 9th Floor
Ottawa ON K1A 0W9
- Date modified: