CIHR continues to take action to support our grants, scholarships and awards recipients, as well applicants, peer reviewers and employees. To further support the health research community, we have collected a number of CIHR and other COVID-19 resources that may also be valuable to researchers, decision-makers and health care workers, and which include opportunities for collaboration, platforms to access and share data, evidence syntheses repositories, and other services and tools to advance COVID-19 related work.
News for researchers
- Government of Canada invests $5.7M in new research network to study deadly blood infections (July 23, 2020)
- Update: Web conferencing for the Spring 2020 Project Grant competition (July 9, 2020)
- Update on increased support for students, trainees and research support personnel funded through CIHR research grants (June 30, 2020)
- Government of Canada and provincial partners invest more than $109M in COVID-19 research (June 25, 2020)
- Delay of strategic funding opportunities (June 23, 2020)
- Update on the Spring 2020 Project Grant competition – Important information for Spring 2020 Project Grant applicants (June 8, 2020)
Scholarships and Fellowships
Visit the relevant program webpages to learn how COVID-19 may affect scholarship and fellowship competition deadlines:
- Canada Graduate Scholarships – Master’s Program
The release of results in the Research Portal is postponed from April 1 to April 15, 2020.
- Canada Graduate Scholarships – Doctoral Program
- The 2020 CGS D competition will be launched July 29, 2020. No changes to 2020 application deadlines at this time (October 17 for direct applicants and November 21 for university applicants).
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships
- Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships
The launch of the 2020 competition is postponed until June 1, 2020*. The application deadline is set for October 1, 2020.
*As a result of the impact of COVID-19 related activities and resulting pressures on the online system, the opening of the application portal has been delayed from June 01 to June 15.
- Michael Smith Foreign Study Supplements
- CIHR Fellowship Program
The launch of the 2020-2021 competition is planned for September 2020. The exact launch date will be shared on CIHR’s website when confirmed.
- Date modified: