CIHR continues to take action to support our grants, scholarships and awards recipients, as well applicants, peer reviewers and employees.
News for researchers
- New temporary program announced to support research staff in Canada (May 25, 2020)
- Collaboration between CIHR and the COVID-19 Immunity Task Force (May 13, 2020)
- Update to COVID-19 funding objectives (May 8, 2020)
- CIHR seeking peer reviewers for the Operating Grant: COVID-19 May 2020 Rapid Research Funding Opportunity competition (May 5, 2020)
- COVID-19 exceptions to Tri-agency post-award regulations for trainees (May 4, 2020)
- Sex as a Biological Variable Supplement: COVID-19 Funding Opportunity Results (May 4, 2020)
- Planning for the Fall Project Grant Competition: A message from CIHR President Dr. Michael Strong (May 1, 2020)
Scholarships and Fellowships
Visit the relevant program webpages to learn how COVID-19 may affect scholarship and fellowship competition deadlines:
- Canada Graduate Scholarships – Master’s Program
The release of results in the Research Portal is postponed from April 1 to April 15, 2020.
- Canada Graduate Scholarships – Doctoral Program
- The 2020 CGS D competition will be launched July 29, 2020. No changes to 2020 application deadlines at this time (October 17 for direct applicants and November 21 for university applicants).
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships
- Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships
The launch of the 2020 competition is postponed until June 1, 2020. The application deadline is set for October 1, 2020.
- Michael Smith Foreign Study Supplements
- Operating Grant : Clinical Research Infrastructure Support for COVID-19 (May 19, 2020)
- Operating Grant: CRISM Urgent Guideline Activities Related to COVID-19 (April 29, 2020)
- Knowledge Synthesis Grant: COVID-19 Rapid Research Funding Opportunity in Mental Health and Substance Use (April 29, 2020)
- Notice of upcoming funding opportunities: Mental Health and Substance Use Responses to COVID-19 (April 24, 2020)
- Operating Grant: COVID-19 Rapid Research Funding Opportunity (May 2020) (April 23, 2020)
- Operating Grant : WHO Solidarity Trial Scale-Up Funding Opportunity (April 23, 2020)
- Operating Grant : Sex as a Biological Variable Supplement: COVID-19 Rapid Research Funding Opportunity (April 21, 2020)
- NRC COVID-19 response:
- Provincial COVID-19 resources
- Date modified: