Barer-Flood Senior Career Prize in Health Services and Policy Research
Timeline and Funding
|To be confirmed
|Anticipated notification of decision
|To be confirmed
|Funding per award
|One $25,000 award is granted annually
The Barer-Flood Prize is named in honor of the leadership, vision and innovative contributions of the first two IHSPR Scientific Directors, Drs. Morris Barer and Colleen Flood. In their roles as Scientific Directors, Dr. Barer and Dr. Flood made tremendous contributions towards advancing the field of health services and policy research in Canada, building a community of world-class researchers, and designing innovative new programs that foster evidence-informed decision making and improved health and health care for Canadians.
The Barer-Flood Prize is intended to recognize and support the research excellence of Canadian Senior-Career Investigators, and will be given to a highly ranked senior-career investigator in CIHR’s Project Grant competition whose application is relevant to IHSPR’s mandate. This prize is a supplemental grant to support research and/or knowledge mobilization.
- The total amount available for this prize is $25,000, enough to fund one prize for one year. The maximum amount per prize is $25,000 per annum for one year.
- The recipient may be invited by IHSPR to present their research at a national conference and must set aside $5,000 of funds for this purpose.
- To recognize and support the research excellence and/or knowledge mobilization of Canadian senior-career investigators, who are highly ranked on a Project Grant and relevant to IHSPR’s mandate.
Eligibility and How to Apply
The prize will be considered eligible and determined through the following process:
- The award will be given to a highly ranked senior-career investigator who is the recipient of a CIHR Project Grant competition, and whose application aligns with the IHSPR mandate and who selected Theme 3, Health Services/Systems Research, as the primary Theme within the Project grant competition.
- The candidate must be a senior-career investigator at the time of the application deadline of the Project Grant competition.
For further details on eligibility requirements and how to apply, please visit the CIHR ResearchNet page and verify the latest Project Grant Priority Announcements (Specific Research Areas) for the Barer-Flood Senior Career Prize in for Health Services and Policy Research Priority Areas.”
- 2022 Barer-Flood Prize recipient
- 2021 Barer-Flood Prize recipients
- 2020 Barer-Flood Prize recipient
- 2018 Barer-Flood Prize recipient
- 2017 Barer-Flood Prize recipient
- 2016 Barer-Flood Prize recipient
- 2015 Barer-Flood Prize recipients
- 2014 Barer-Flood Prize recipient
- 2013 Barer-Flood Prize recipient
- Date modified: