Training and Career Development
The Institute of Gender and Health (IGH) is committed to supporting the next generation of researchers. This section includes resources designed to help you throughout your career path.
IGH Trainee Network
IGH oversees a Canadian network that builds awareness and capacity in sex- and gender-based analysis among trainees conducting health research in Canada. The network connects health research trainees from across Canada to exchange ideas and resources about the integration of sex and gender in health research. The Trainee Network currently has chapters at 22 institutions, each including at least one Trainee Leader and one Senior Mentor.
Membership benefits include:
- Networking and mentorship with senior researchers across health disciplines
- Networking with other trainees with an interest in sex and gender in health research
- Learning opportunities such as webinars, in-person meet-ups and online resources
- The opportunity to have your research promoted by IGH
- A direct connection to IGH and CIHR for the latest funding opportunities and research news
Joining the Network
For more information about the Network, read the IGH Trainee Network Terms of Reference.
If you are interested in being connected with other trainees or starting a chapter at your institution contact IGH-ISFH@cihr-irsc.gc.ca.
You can also subscribe to the IGH Trainee Newsletter and/or follow the Network on Twitter and Instagram.
- Online training modules:
- Sex and Gender in Biomedical Research
- Sex and Gender in Primary Data Collection with Human Participants
- Sex and Gender in the Analysis of Secondary Data from Human Participants
- Infographic: What is Gender? What is Sex?
- Video: Assessing Sex and Gender Integration in Peer Review
- Sex and Gender in Health Research Guide: A Tool for CIHR Applicants
- CIHR training resources
- Meet the Methods series:
For more information, please contact IGH-ISFH@cihr-irsc.gc.ca.
- Date modified: