Pre-Announcement: Network Grants in Skin Health, Bone Health and Muscular Dystrophy
This funding opportunity is now available on ResearchNet.
The 2018 CIHR Institute for Musculoskeletal Health and Arthritis (IMHA) evaluation highlighted a need for the Institute to support its smaller research communities. This was further emphasized during the Institute’s priority setting tour in 2018-19. Supporting networks in IMHA mandate areas is now featured in IMHA’s 2021-2026 Strategic Plan under the Relieve Pain and Nurture Leaders priority areas. This funding opportunity will provide support to create three (3) research networks: one in the area of Skin Health, one in the area of Bone Health, and one in Muscular Dystrophy. This new competitive call will provide support to these underserved research communities.
Program launch: Early Fall, 2022
Applicant webinar: Early Fall, 2022
Application deadline: Late Fall, 2022
Notice of decision: Early Summer, 2023
Funding start date: Summer, 2023
*These timelines are subject to change
IMHA intends to support networks that will:
- Support the creation and/or further development of inclusive, formal networks by encouraging national and international collaboration, methods development and resource sharing between multidisciplinary technical and scientific experts;
- Ensure meaningful representation of researchers and other team members who have historically faced barriers in the research ecosystem, including but not limited to those marginalized by gender, Indigenous Peoples, racialized minorities, persons with disabilities, and members of LGBTQ2S+ communities;
- Develop and strengthen research capacity by connecting and engaging current researchers and training the next generation of researchers;
- Develop and provide health research leadership across Canada, linking to related international initiatives (as appropriate);
- Facilitate the mobilization and uptake of new knowledge generated by research evidence; and
- Ensure patient engagement to increase the uptake, outcomes and health impacts for Canadians.
The Networks are expected to be:
- national in scope incorporating multiple research groups;
- developed in collaboration with appropriate partners and stakeholders (not-for-profit organizations, associations, industry, provinces, etc.)
- facilitate effective interactions between the scientific community and stakeholders (clinicians, decision-makers, industry, patients, and other knowledge-users outside of the academic community);
- inclusive, multidisciplinary and multi-thematic; and,
- committed to scientific excellence.
Meaningful patient engagement in each research network will be a requirement for this call. Applicants interested in applying to this call will need to incorporate Patient Engagement as defined by CIHR’s SPOR Strategy into their applications.
The total amount available for this funding opportunity is $4,200,000 enough to fund three (3) grants. This amount may increase if additional funding partners participate. The maximum amount awarded for the Network in:
- Skin Health is $400,000 per annum for up to five (5) years
- Bone Health is $400,000 per annum for up to three (3) years, and
- Muscular Dystrophy is $200,000 per annum for up to five (5) years
The funding provided through this FO is non-renewable.
For general inquiries, please contact email@example.com
- Date modified: