IMHA InitiativesCIHR has developed several initiatives that offer funding opportunities related to identified priority areas. Each of these initiatives involves collaboration between the Institutes and a wide range of partner organizations, including:
- other federal and provincial government departments and agencies
- national and provincial funding organizations and relevant territorial departments
- health charities
- non-governmental organizations
Their purpose is to offer funding opportunities focusing on a specific research agenda. In the case of four key strategic priorities, CIHR's Governing Council has specifically endorsed a joint, cross-cutting effort involving all thirteen Institutes.
The initiatives help CIHR to allocate its resources to make the strongest possible impact on health and health care. The Institute of Musculoskeletal Health and Arthritis (IMHA) is involved in the following initiatives:
- Healthy and Productive Work
- Inflammation in Chronic Disease
- Pathways to Health Equity for Aboriginal Peoples
Additionally, IMHA invests a portion of its budget in major initiatives to advance the Institute’s strategic directions.
- Date modified: