CIHR Early Career Investigators in Maternal, Reproductive, Child and Youth Health
This program consists of an annual funding opportunity to support research that has the potential to have a significant impact on maternal, reproductive, child and youth health outcomes. Ultimately, the program aims to strengthen Canada’s capacity and knowledge to respond to challenges and needs by providing important early career development support to researchers in these fields.
Further details are available on ResearchNet.
A Partner Linkage Tool is available to facilitate new collaborations between applicant funding partners and Early Career Investigators.
Read more about the program's Partnership Opportunity.
The 2020 funding opportunity is a collaboration between IHDCYH and the Institute of Neurosciences, Mental Health and Addiction (INMHA).
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be an independent researcher appointed at an eligible institution;
- Have held an independent research appointment for a period of less than 60 months at the time of application (calculation of eligibility can be adjusted for part-time appointments and leaves of absence);
- Have been awarded combined operating grant funding of less than $500,000 Canadian dollars as a Nominated Principal Applicant (or equivalent in non-CIHR competitions) at the time of application deadline; and
- Have at least 50% protected time for research.
All applications in the area of maternal, reproductive, child and youth health research as per IHDCYH’s mandate will be eligible for support. In addition, funding will be available to support projects that are determined to be relevant to the following specific research areas:
- INMHA: Maternal, reproductive, child and/or youth health research relevant to the institute’s mandate.
The total amount available from CIHR for the 2020 funding opportunity is $735,000 enough to fund up to 7 grants.
- The maximum amount per grant from CIHR is $35,000 per year for up to 3 years for a total of $105,000.
- The CIHR contribution must be matched at a minimum of 1:1 by the successful applicant’s host institution and/or other partner(s).
- Matching funds can include cash and cash equivalent/in-kind contributions but must include a minimum of 70% in cash contributions.
|Anticipated Notice of Decision||2021-06-22|
|Funding Start Date||2021-04-01|
- Date modified: