Pre-announcement: Healthy Youth Catalyst Grants
This funding opportunity is now available on ResearchNet.
Application deadline: November 15, 2022
Responding to the commitment of the Government of Canada’s Youth Policy, and the clear messages in the Inspiring Healthy Futures vision and priorities, IHDCYH is launching a Healthy Youth Initiative to support generation of key evidence to promote the health and wellness of youth, supporting them to achieve their full potential.
As part of the first phase of the Healthy Youth initiative – which will help identify and develop emerging research foci relevant to Canada’s Youth Policy, foster networking and collaboration, and build capacity for youth engagement in health research – Healthy Youth catalyst grants will launch in summer 2022 to support preliminary research activities.
In addition to funding projects that align with the overall purpose of this funding opportunity, separate funding pools will support projects relevant to both the overall purpose AND the following priority research areas:
- Physical health of youth
- LGBTQIA/2S youth
- Indigenous (First Nations, Métis, Inuit, and/or Urban Indigenous) youth
- Adolescent girls sexual and reproductive health
For both the general funding and the funding pools, applicant teams must include a youth voice representative.
The total amount available for this funding opportunity is $1,100,000, enough to fund 11 catalyst grants. This amount may increase if additional funding partners participate. The maximum amount per grant is $100,000 per year for up to one (1) year.
- Of this $1,100,000:
- $400,000 is available to fund applications relevant to the overall purpose of the funding opportunity.
- $100,000 is available to fund applications relevant to the physical health of youth research area.
- $200,000 is available to fund the applications relevant to the LGBTQIA/2S youth research area.
- $200,000 is available to fund applications relevant to the Indigenous youth research area.
- $200,000 is available to fund applications relevant to the adolescent girls sexual and reproductive health research area.
The CIHR Institute of Human Development, Child and Youth Health (IHDCYH), in partnership with the CIHR Institute of Gender and Health (IGH) and the CIHR Institute of Indigenous Peoples’ Health (IIPH).
These dates are estimates and subject to change.
- Program Launch: Summer 2022
- Application Deadline: Fall 2022
- Notice of Decision: Winter 2023
For general inquiries please contact:
CIHR Contact Centre
Toll Free: 1-888-603-4178
The information contained herein is anticipatory only and does not represent an official funding commitment by the Canadian Institutes of Health Research. Accordingly, the information contained herein may differ from the official funding opportunity, if and when, that will be published on ResearchNet.
- Date modified: