Applied Public Health Chairs
The Applied Public Health Chairs program supports innovative population health research that improves health equity for citizens in Canada and around the world. This can be achieved through interdisciplinary collaborations and mentorship of researchers and decision makers in health and other sectors. Through CPBHC, 3 Applied Public Health Chairs were funded.
The Applied Public Health Chair program represents a partnership between:
- CIHR Institute of Population and Public Health (IPPH)
- CIHR Institute of Indigenous Peoples' Health (IIPH)
- CIHR Institute of Aging (IA)
- CIHR Institute of Health Services and Policy Research (IHSPR)
- CIHR Institute of Musculoskeletal Health and Arthritis (IMHA)
- CIHR Institute of Neurosciences, Mental Health and Addiction (INMHA)
- CIHR HIV/AIDS Research Initiative
- Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC)
- Alberta Innovates – Health Solutions (AIHS)
- Fonds de recherche du Québec – Santé (FRQS)
"The award of the CIHR Applied Public Health Chair has been a key facilitator in the translation of my research findings to inform provincial and national health policy and system changes. Key knowledge users trust the designation of the Applied Public Health Chair. This chair has literally "opened doors" to discuss current evidence, and to engage policy and decision makers throughout the research process, thus strengthening and enabling my research to make a difference to health."
- Date modified: