The Institute of Population and Public Health (IPPH) funds health research in order to develop and support a well-trained base of investigators with the skills and expertise needed to design and conduct innovative and diverse research and knowledge translation activities aimed at improving health.
Current Opportunities and Decisions
- The CHIR Institute of Population and Public Health is pleased to announce the launch of the renewed Applied Public health Chair program developed in partnership with the Public Health Agency of Canada. This program will provide $8.05 million in support for approximately seven awards that will build capacity and strengthen a range of research disciplines and sectors.
- Starting Investigator Workshop – IPPH is committed to supporting starting investigators and hosts the Starting Investigator Workshop biannually. Applications will be accepted through ResearchNet when available.
- Trailblazer Awards – The Trailblazer Awards are career achievement awards celebrating excellence in population and public health research at all career stages. The Trailblazer Awards are issued annually and applications open in the fall.
- Planning Grants – One of the mechanisms for the Institutes/Initiatives to achieve their mandates is by offering planning and/or dissemination grants within the Institute Community Support (ICS) Program. The Planning and Dissemination Grants are intended to provide support for planning and/or dissemination activities consistent with the mandate of CIHR and relevant to CIHR Institutes, or Initiatives. Planning Grants are issued biannually by CIHR.
- Travel Awards – Have you been accepted to present at a conference? Would you like to attend the Canadian Public Health Association’s Public Health conference? IPPH funds travel awards exclusively for trainees and new investigators multiple times a year for these purposes. (please add anchor tag on linked page and link to travel awards section) Travel Awards are issued biannually by CIHR.
Tools to strengthen your application
Applying for grants
Integrating sex & gender
- Sex and Gender in Health Research Guide: A Tool for CIHR Applicants
- What a difference sex and gender make: A gender, sex and health research casebook
- Sex, Gender and Knowledge Translation
- Sex /gender-responsive assessment scale
- Definitions of sex and gender
- The Ethical Imperative of Sex and Gender Considerations in Health Research
- Date modified: