Institute Community Support (ICS) Program
The ICS Program is designed to foster community development by providing grants and awards to individuals and organizations for the purposes of:
- Enabling research and knowledge translation activities where the circumstances fall outside of CIHR's current suite of funding programs.
- Supporting individuals and organizations whose goals are consistent with CIHR and its Institutes' vision, mandate and strategic directions.
The ICS Program is not intended to support the direct cost of research (e.g., pilot projects, feasibility studies or operating grants), principal and co-investigator salaries or research equipment.
Institute of Aging (IA) ICS Program
Under the framework of the ICS Program, IA funding will be distributed among the following opportunities:
- Travel Awards for Trainees (launched 3 times a year, entitled “Other: Travel Awards-Institute Community Support” in the CIHR Funding Opportunities Database)
- Institute of Aging Betty Havens Prize for Knowledge Mobilization in Aging
- Planning Grants (launched twice a year, entitled “Other : Planning and Dissemination Grants – Institute Community Support” in the CIHR Funding Opportunities Database)
- Voluntary Sector Outreach
Please note that if you are unable to find a funding opportunity, this means there is no current competition.
For more information on each of these programs, please contact:
Institute of Aging
Canadian Institutes of Health Research
- Date modified: