CIHR Research Excellence, Diversity, and Independence (REDI) Early Career Transition Award
CIHR is committed to supporting the career development of the next generation of health researchers. First launched in 2022, the CIHR Research Excellence, Diversity, and Independence (REDI, pronounced "ready") Early Career Transition Award is available to post-doctoral researchers, clinicians, and research associates from specific underrepresented groups to help them launch their research faculty careers in Canada. This transition award is intended to foster the development of independent research scientists who would benefit from tailored, mentored career development in Phase 1 before transitioning to Phase 2 to establish and sustain their independent research program in academia. It is anticipated to be a recurring award with expanded eligibility in future iterations.
The CIHR REDI program will help Canada capitalize on the full extent of its tremendous scientific talent by addressing gaps in training and support and by fostering diversity. As such, it will contribute to the creation and use of health-related knowledge to improve the health of Canadians.
The CIHR REDI program is led by CIHR's Institute of Infection and Immunity and made successful through our partnerships.
- CIHR Institute of Aging (IA)
- CIHR Institute of Cancer Research (ICR)
- CIHR Institute of Genetics (IG)
- CIHR Institute of Gender and Health (IGH)
- CIHR Institute of Health Services and Policy Research (IHSPR)
- CIHR Institute of Human Development, Child and Youth Health (IHDCYH)
- CIHR Institute of Musculoskeletal Health and Arthritis (IMHA)
- CIHR Centre for Research on Pandemic Preparedness and Health Emergencies (CRPPHE)
- CIHR HIV/AIDS and STBBI Research Initiative
View funding opportunity details on ResearchNet.
- Message from the CIHR President and Scientific Director of the CIHR-Institute of Infection and Immunity
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Information Letter on the Role of the Primary Mentor
- Supplementary Information for Phase 2
- Self-identification tool
For more information about the CIHR REDI Early Career Transition Award, please email the CIHR Contact Centre:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date modified: