CIHR Grants and Awards Guide Renewal Project
The CIHR Grants and Awards Guide has been redesigned and we are preparing to launch the new Application Administration Guide on November 15, 2019.
Webinars have been scheduled to support the research community.
Key Highlights of the New Guide
- We are anticipating a smooth transition to the new Guide in the coming months and do not expect any disruptions or negative impact on the research community.
- The new Guide does not impose any new requirements or restrictions.
- The contents are comprised of the general requirements and guidelines that pertain to applying to CIHR funding opportunities.
- Requirements related to the post-award management of CIHR grants and awards are not found in the new Guide, as these have been centralized in harmonized Tri-agency Guides, i.e. the Tri-agency Financial Administration Guide and the Tri-Agency Research Training Award Holder’s Guide.
- The format of the new Guide aims to improve clarity and usability with a more streamlined and simplified layout.
- Overly prescriptive rules have been replaced by requirements and responsibilities that are higher-level, to ensure broad applicability across funding programs.
- The funding opportunity remains the key resource when applying for funding, as it contains program specific information pertaining to applicant eligibility, funding conditions and how to apply.
- The new Guide was developed in consultation with a focus group comprised of members for the Canadian Association of Research Administrators (CARA) and was previewed by a subset of the institutions piloting the Principle-based Tri-agency Financial Administration Guide – receiving positive reviews. In addition, regular updates about the new Guide have been presented at University Delegate meetings and CARA annual conferences, to keep the research community informed.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
- Date modified: