Project Grant Program
At a glance
The Project Grant program is designed to capture ideas with the greatest potential to advance health-related fundamental or applied knowledge, health research, health care, health systems, and/or health outcomes. It supports research projects proposed and conducted by individual researchers or groups of researchers in all areas of health. The best ideas may stem from:
- new, incremental, innovative, and/or high-risk lines of inquiry; or,
- knowledge translation approaches.
- January 11, 2023 – Spring 2023 Project Grant Funding Opportunity
- January 11, 2023 – Spring 2023 Project Grant Priority Announcements
- December 13, 2022 – Message from Christian Baron and Adrian Mota: Update on peer review meeting format for the Project Grant competition
- July 25, 2022 – Message from Christian Baron and Adrian Mota: Update on the Fall 2022 Project Grant competition
- July 18, 2022 – Opportunity for Early Career Researchers: Call for expressions of interest to the Fall 2022 Reviewer in Training program
- July 5, 2022 – Fall 2022 Project Grant Funding Opportunity
- July 5, 2022 – Fall 2022 Project Grant Priority Announcements
Next important dates
- Registration deadline for Spring 2023 Project Grant Competition: February 8, 2023
- Application deadline for Spring 2023 Project Grant Competition: March 8, 2023
- Release of Notice of Recommendation for the Spring 2023 Project Grant Competition: July 6, 2023
- Release of Notice of Decision for the Spring 2023 Project Grant Competition: July 20, 2023
- Funding Start date for the Spring 2023 Project Grant Competition: October 1, 2023
The Project Grant program is open to researchers at any career stage to build and conduct health-related research and knowledge translation projects across CIHR's mandate.
Officers are available Monday to Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. ET.
Toll Free: 1-888-603-4178
- Date modified: