Project Grant Program
- January 18, 2021 – Pre-announcement: Reviewer in Training Program
- January 12, 2021 – Message from Adrian Mota, Associate Vice-President, Research Programs (Operations): Spring 2020 Project Grant competition: What we heard from you
- October 2, 2020 – Additional information on responding to previous reviews
- September 22, 2020 – Doubling of leave credits for early career researchers applying to Project Grant competition
- September 18, 2020 – Project Grant: Fall 2020 Q&A
- September 15, 2020 – Project Grant: Spring 2020 results
- September 2, 2020 – Supporting early career researchers affected by COVID-19: Temporarily “pausing the clock” for ECRs
- August 26, 2020 – What is a Notice of Recommendation?
- August 26, 2020 – Fall 2020 Project Grant: Ask Me Anything (Webinars)
- August 25, 2020 – Opportunity for Early Career Researchers: Call for expressions of interest to the Fall 2020 Observer Program
- August 11, 2020 – Fall 2020 Project Funding opportunity
- August 11, 2020 – Project Fall 2020 Priority Announcements
- August 11, 2020 – Update on peer review for the Spring 2020 Project Grant competition
Follow our news and updates on Twitter
At a glance
The Project Grant program is designed to capture ideas with the greatest potential to advance health-related fundamental or applied knowledge, health research, health care, health systems, and/or health outcomes. It supports projects or teams/programs of research proposed and conducted by individual researchers or groups of researchers in all areas of health. The best ideas may stem from:
- new, incremental, innovative, and/or high-risk lines of inquiry; or,
- knowledge translation approaches.
Project grants are designed to support researchers at any career stage to build and conduct health-related research and knowledge translation projects across CIHR's mandate. An individual cannot submit more than two Project Grant applications per competition as a Nominated Principal Applicant. If a Nominated Principal Applicant submits more than two applications, CIHR will automatically remove the last application submitted based on time-stamp of submission.
Next important dates
- Release of Notice of Recommendation for the Fall 2020 Project Grant Competition: February 16, 2021
- Notice of Decision for the Fall 2020 Project Grant Competition: March 3, 2021
- Funding Start date for the Fall 2020 Project Grant Competition: April 1, 2021
Officers are available Monday to Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. ET.
Toll Free: 1-888-603-4178
- Date modified: