Institute Advisory Board Member Application and Guidelines
CIHR has launched the 2020 membership renewal cycle for its Institute Advisory Boards (IAB). The number of members on an IAB is between eight and 14. Selection criteria and composition of the IABs is available under the IAB Selection Criteria. Consult the CIHR Institute web pages to review their specific areas of focus.
Online applications can be submitted, via ResearchNet, from February 24, 2020 to July 6, 2020.
Application forms received after July 6, 2020 will be stored in the database and considered for the next IAB renewal cycle.
How to Apply to Become an IAB Member
To become an IAB member, candidates must submit a completed application using the ResearchNet system including a CIHR IAB CV created using the Canadian Common CV system.
To apply, you will need the following:
- ResearchNet account
- CIHR PIN
- Common CV account
- Common CV PIN/System Account - this is the same as your CIHR PIN
Step 1 - Creating a CIHR PIN and/or a ResearchNet Account
- Access ResearchNet and use the "Register" link to request a new account.
- If you don't already have a CIHR PIN, sign in to your ResearchNet account. Once signed in, click on your name (top right of the screen) and select from the drop-down menu "Register for a CIHR PIN" and complete the form.
- There will be a delay of approximately one working day to receive confirmation of your PIN.
Note: You will be required to validate your PIN on the Common CV system prior to submitting your CV. To validate your PIN/System Account chose the PIN option from the main menu and follow the instructions. For additional information, click on the "Register with CIHR" link.
Step 2 - Create a CIHR IAB CV
Login to your Common CV account.
A new funding CV template named CIHR IAB has been created to capture the necessary IAB applicant information. This template is a scaled-down version of CIHR’s current Academic and Knowledge User CVs as it contains only the information required for the purpose of selecting IAB members.
Note: It is not necessary to enter data in the Generic CV. Select the Funding CV named CIHR IAB (not the generic CV) to focus your efforts on providing the information required for applying to become an IAB member.
Complete and submit the CIHR IAB template.
Step 3 - Submit your completed application through ResearchNet
- Login to your ResearchNet account.
- Click on the 'Get Involved' menu located to the left of the screen and select from the drop-down menu 'Institute Advisory Board (IAB) Membership'.
- Review and complete your application.
- Submit your application.
For more information or assistance, please contact Shawna Healy, Senior Governance Advisor, Governance Secretariat, by telephone 613-941-8581 or by e-mail, Shawna.firstname.lastname@example.org.
For technical and Common CV assistance, please contact CIHR at email@example.com or by telephone 613-954-1968 / 1-888-603-4178.
- Date modified: