Pathways Funding: Implementation Research Teams
The Pathways Implementation Research Teams (IRTs) funding opportunities support the overall goal of Pathways of developing a better understanding of how to implement and scale up interventions and programs that address Aboriginal health inequities in four priority exemplar areas – suicide, diabetes/obesity, tuberculosis, and oral health.
The IRTs will conduct research to identify effective interventions, strengthen them, and support scale-up. Funding will be provided according to how ready the intervention is to be scaled up:
- development grants will support research teams to identify promising or effective interventions and build relationships with communities
- enhancement and adaptation grants will support research teams aimed at strengthening the effectiveness or scalability of interventions through community-informed enhancements or adaptations
- scalability grants will support research teams to study the scale-up of promising interventions across heterogeneous communities
Expressions of Interest
In December 2014, CIHR launched a call for Expressions of Interest to gauge community interest and readiness across the four exemplars and to inform subsequent launch timelines for the full applications per exemplar. No funding was associated with this call.
IRTs – Component 1
This funding opportunity will fund team development grants to support research teams in building relationships with First Nations, Inuit, and/or Métis communities and identifying promising or effective, multi-faceted population health interventions in any of the 4 priority areas that are based in Indigenous practices, and scalable for inclusion in later components.
The funding for this Component is intended to support teams as they work towards preparing an application to Component 2 and/or Component 3.
- Funding opportunity
IRTs – Component 2
This funding opportunity will fund enhancement and adaptation grants aimed at strengthening the effectiveness or scalability of interventions through community-informed enhancements or adaptations.
- Team Grant : Pathways Implementation Research Team – Component 2 (2014)
- Team Grant : Pathways Implementation Research Team – Component 2 (2016)
- Frequently asked questions
IRTs – Component 3
This funding opportunity will fund scalability grants to study the equitable reach and access of promising interventions across heterogeneous communities.
- Team Grant: Pathways to Health Equity for Aboriginal Peoples (Pathways) Implementation Research Teams – Component 3 (2018)
- Team Grant: Pathways to Health Equity for Aboriginal Peoples (Pathways) Implementation Research Teams – Component 3 (2019)
- Date modified: