Featured cancer research
- 2017 Early Career Investigator Awards in Circulatory and Respiratory Health and Metastatic Urothelial Cancer Recipients
Providing successful recipients with the opportunity to develop and demonstrate their independence in initiating and conducting research in the areas of circulatory and/or respiratory or locally advanced or metastatic urothelial cancer
- Is it possible to create personalized cancer treatments?
The team at BC Cancer Agency’s Personalized Onco-Genomics Program is using genomic sequencing and bioinformatics to identify patient-specific treatments for advanced cancers.
- Can the human body cure cancer?
BioCanRx’s revolutionary network is using biologically-derived materials to boost the immune system and destroy cancer cells.
- Helping ovarian cancer patients beat the odds
Dr. Brad Nelson and his team at the BC Cancer Agency are uncovering new forms of treatment that re-enforce the body’s defense mechanisms.
- Is the key to curing cancer hidden in our cells?
Dr. Gerald Batist is working to learn more about the cellular processes that make certain cancer treatments more effective than others.
- Do stem cells have the power to cure cancer?
Dr. Guy Sauvageau and his team are using stem cell genes to treat acute myeloid leukemia.
- Can we use our immune systems to end cancer?
Dr. Li Zhang and her team are discovering healthy cells that have the potential to eliminate cancer cells.
- Regulating tumor immunosurveillance: from bench to bedside
Dr. Pamela Ohashi is working to identify ways to bolster our natural anti-cancer immune response with the aim to improve targeted anti-cancer therapies.
- Date modified: