Centre for Research on Pandemic Preparedness and Health Emergencies - Why at CIHR?
CIHR is well positioned to house this Research Centre and make significant contributions to health emergency research given its:
- federal mandate for research, capacity building and knowledge translation;
- position in the health research landscape spanning intra and extra mural research communities and strong integration within the Health Portfolio and Canada Research Coordinating Committee;
- track record of effectively supporting Canada’s research response during health emergencies;
- established connections to Institutes, existing research platforms, and networks within and outside of Canada, and;
- access to the most comprehensive database of health researchers in the country.
The Research Centre will not undertake activities, such as surveillance, that are the mandate of other departments and agencies.
- Date modified: