CIHR Strategic Plan 2021–2031: Shareable content
Browse through our collection of one-pagers, infographics, and social media content.
The best health for all, powered by outstanding research
- Advance research excellence in all its diversity
- Strengthen Canadian health research capacity
- Accelerate the self-determination of First Nations, Inuit, and Métis Peoples in health research
- Pursue health equity through research
- Integrate evidence in health decisions
- Organizational excellence
Our commitments to you:
- We will focus on improving the health of all people in Canada and our health systems
- We will ensure that all people in Canada have access to high-quality research, especially when they need it most
- We will commit to fair, transparent, and equitable peer review
- We will invest in both priority-driven and investigator-initiated research
- We will retain Institutes as part of the CIHR model
- We will convene a united community of health research funders
- We will foster both health research capacity in Canada and sustainable careers for individual researchers
Priority A: Advance research excellence in all its diversity
CIHR will develop and promote a renewed concept of research excellence that values equity, diversity, and inclusion.
CIHR will strengthen support for interdisciplinary and team science that includes knowledge users.
CIHR will mandate that our funded research is findable, accessible, interoperable, and reproducible.
CIHR will promote collaboration and partnerships in all areas of our business, including patient and public engagement and international collaboration.
Priority B: Strengthen Canadian health research capacity
CIHR will address the challenges underlying low success rates in our investigator-initiated research funding stream.
CIHR will remove the systemic barriers to accessing research funding faced by under-represented groups.
CIHR will address gaps in training and support across all career stages.
CIHR will develop our capacity to enable rapid and evidence-informed responses to emerging health threats.
Priority C: Accelerate the self-determination of Indigenous Peoples in health research
CIHR will focus on improving the spiritual, mental, physical, and emotional health and well-being of Indigenous Peoples.
CIHR will strengthen Indigenous research capacity development through training and mentoring.
CIHR will remove administrative barriers that restrict access to research funding for Indigenous Peoples and communities.
Priority D: Pursue health equity through research
CIHR will address inequitable health outcomes and access to health care in Canada.
CIHR will identify and address the social, cultural, environmental, structural, and biological determinants of health.
CIHR will implement a framework for action on global health research to accelerate health equity for all.
Priority E: Integrate evidence in health decisions
CIHR will further the science of knowledge mobilization in Canada among researchers and knowledge users.
CIHR will prioritize the sharing and implementation of existing knowledge to inform health practice and policy and improve the health literacy of Canadians.
CIHR will prioritize investments that aim to deliver better outcomes, at lower costs, while improving the health care experiences of patients, families, and health practitioners.
Social media images
To download, right-click and select Save Target As...
- Date modified: