Open Access Overview
Tri-Agency Open Access Policy on Publications
What is Open Access?
Free and unrestricted online access to research publications and data.
- More exposure for your work
- Higher citation rates
- The public can access your findings
- Your research can influence policy
- Knowledge users can apply your findings
- Compliant with grant rules
- Researchers in developing countries can see your work
- Taxpayers get value for money
What is required of Tri-Agency funded researchers?
Ensure that peer-reviewed journal publications arising from Tri-Agency supported research are freely available within 12 months of publication by...
- Depositing manuscripts in an institutional or disciplinary repository
- Publishing in an Open Access journal.
Remember to acknowledge funding support.
In addition, CIHR-funded researchers must:
- Deposit certain types of data in a public database.
- Keep data sets for 5 years.
If you have questions, please contact CIHR at email@example.com
- Date modified: