Project Grant Program
- August 15, 2017 – Statement from Dr. Anne Martin-Matthews: New gender equity data now available from CIHR
- July 11, 2017 – Launch of the Project Grant: Fall 2017 competition
- July 10, 2017 – Update on the Fall 2017 Project Grant competition: a message from the President
- May 15, 2017 – Fall 2016 Project Grant results
- May 5, 2017 – Announcement: Delay of next Project Grant Competition
- April 13, 2017 – Message from the Acting President of CIHR
Follow our news and updates on Twitter
At a glance
The Project Grant program is designed to capture ideas with the greatest potential to advance health-related fundamental or applied knowledge, health research, health care, health systems, and/or health outcomes. It supports projects with:
- a specific purpose; and,
- a defined endpoint.
The best ideas may stem from:
- new, incremental, innovative, and/or high-risk lines of inquiry; or,
- Knowledge translation approaches.
Project grants are designed to support researchers at any career stage to build and conduct health-related research and knowledge translation projects across CIHR's mandate. An individual cannot submit more than two Project Grant applications per competition as a Nominated Principal Applicant. If a Nominated Principal Applicant submits more than two applications, CIHR will automatically remove the last application submitted based on time-stamp of submission.
Next important dates
Email our Contact Centre: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date modified: