IHSPR Strategic research priorities
To foster excellence and innovation in health services and policy research and to catalyze the application of research findings to policies, practice and programs that provide real-world benefit and enhance the provision of high-quality care for Canadians.
To position Canada as a global leader in optimizing the health and health outcomes in the population through the provision of evidence-informed healthcare services.
Our strategic directions
IHSPR's work is guided by the strategic directions of the Pan-Canadian Vision & Strategy for Health Services and Policy Research. For more information about these goals, please visit our Strategic Plan.
- Fund relevant research in priority areas
- Create learning health systems
- Foster research and system innovation
- Accelerate the formation of a skilled cadre of cadre of health services and policy researchers
- Measure health services and policy research impact
- Enable timely access to data and smart analytics
- Align academic and system incentives
Our strategic research priorities
CIHR-IHSPR has identified the following strategic research priorities under the guidance of its Advisory Board and work on the Pan-Canadian Vision & Strategy for Health Services and Policy Research:
- The Creation of Learning Health Systems and the Next Generation of Researchers with the Skills to Partner in Health System Learning and Transformation
- Healthy Aging in the Community
- Health System Financing, Funding, and Sustainability
For more information about these priorities, please read the full strategic plan. Large scale IHSPR initiatives can be viewed on our Initiatives page. For a complete list of funding opportunities currently offered by IHSPR, please visit the IHSPR Funding section of our website.
- Date modified: