IHSPR Strategic research priorities
To foster excellence and innovation in health services and policy research and to catalyze the application of research findings to policies, practice and programs that provide real-world benefit and enhance the provision of high-quality care for Canadians.
To position Canada as a global leader in optimizing the health and health outcomes in the population through the provision of evidence-informed healthcare services.
Our strategic goals
IHSPR's work is guided by four strategic goals. For more information about these goals, please visit our Strategic Plan.
- Goal 1: Support the education, training, mentoring and development of the brightest minds in health services and policy research to meet health system challenges
- Goal 2: Champion and support the development of methods, tools, infrastructures and theoretical knowledge for excellence in health services and policy research
- Goal 3: Support and enhance health services and policy research and knowledge translation initiatives to address health system challenges
- Goal 4: Demonstrate and communicate the importance of health services and policy research and knowledge translation to strengthen the health care system and the health of Canadians
Our strategic research priorities
- Primary and Community-Based Healthcare
- Access to Appropriate Care across the Continuum
- Financing, Sustainability and Governance
- Health Information: eHealth Innovations
- Drug Policy
For more information about these priorities, please visit the Strategic Priority Research Areas section of our website. For a complete list of funding opportunities currently offered by IHSPR, please visit the IHSPR Funding section of our website