Terms of Reference - Nominating and Governance Committee
CIHR Act, Section 10 (1) (a).
CIHR By-Law, Article 5, section 5.04.
Chair(s) and Membership
The Nominating and Governance Committee consists of a Chair, who is a member of Governing Council, plus a minimum of three other voting members of the Governing Council.
Membership on this committee may include persons who are not members of the Governing Council. The President is an ex-officio member.
To be held at the call of the Chair.
A majority of its members.
Bourinot's Rules of Order, 4th Edition.
The Nominating and Governance Committee shall be a committee of the Governing Council. It shall discharge all duties with respect to:
- overseeing the nomination process for members of the Institute Advisory Boards
- overseeing the nomination process for seeking members for any standing committees or committees established by the Governing Council
- overseeing the nomination process for seeking members for the Governing Council, in keeping with succession planning best practices
- overseeing the development and maintenance of a nomination profile for Governing Council, including the competencies and skills that Council as a whole should possess
- overseeing the development, maintenance and implementation of governance policies and initiatives, to facilitate and improve Council's effectiveness, in keeping with current best practices
The Nominating and Governance Committee shall report to the Governing Council on all of its proceedings since the last meeting of the Governing Council.
On an annual basis, a review of the terms of reference and re-affirmation of membership.
Terms of Reference
Approved at CIHR Governing Council Meeting of August 31, 2000.
Revised at the 46th Governing Council Meeting held March 21, 2007.
Further revised at the 56th Governing Council Meeting held June 18-19, 2008.
Further revised at the 69th Governing Council Meeting held November 16-17, 2010.
- Date modified: