INMD Doctoral/Post Doctoral Partnership Prize (2016/2017)
Timeline and Funding
|Application deadline||Applications accepted on an ongoing basis until November 30, 2016|
|Notification of decision||Within nine weeks of the application submission|
|Funding per award||Up to $2,000 per award|
Table of Contents
- Available Funds
- Review Process and Evaluation
- How to Apply
- Contact Information
INMD supports research to enhance health in relation to diet, digestion, excretion, and metabolism; and to address causes, prevention, screening, diagnosis, treatment, support systems, and palliation for a wide range of conditions and problems associated with hormone, digestive system, kidney, and liver function. For information on INMD, please refer to the INMD website and Refreshed Strategic Plan 2015-2018.
The INMD Doctoral/Post Doctoral Partnership Prize will support Prizes awarded by voluntary health sector organizations (such as non- profit organizations, professional organizations and registered charities) that recognize outstanding research relevant to the Institute's mandate.
INMD will fund a maximum amount for a single prize of $2,000 per Partner organization. Acceptance of these funds will require Partner organizations to include CIHR-INMD in the title of the award. Successful applicants (Partner organizations, NOT individuals) will be notified within 9 weeks of application submissions. Funds will be released upon verification of awardees by the Partner organization(s).
2. Available Funds
The total amount available for this program in fiscal year 2016-17 is $14,000 (enough to fund approximately seven prizes). The maximum value of each prize is $2,000 from INMD.
The INMD contribution to the amount available for this award is subject to availability of funds allocated annually to CIHR by parliamentary appropriations, and the conditions that may be attached to them.
To be eligible for this competition, the Doctoral/Post Doctoral awardee must:
- Be engaged in health research relevant to the mandate of INMD;
- Meet the definition of Doctoral or Post Doctoral Trainee, as defined by CIHR1.
The Partner organization submitting the application package must:
- Be from the voluntary health sector (e.g., a health charity, professional organization, or non-profit organization);
- Submit only one nomination per fiscal year for a Doctoral/ Post-Doctoral Partnership Prize.
- The partner organization must acknowledge CIHR-INMD in the title of the award (e.g. the “CIHR-INMD - (partner name) Partnership Prize”.
4. Review Process and Evaluation
Applications will undergo an initial assessment by INMD staff to ensure that they are both eligible and complete. Only eligible and complete applications will proceed to the review stage.
Applications will be assessed for relevance to the INMD mandate.
The evaluation committee is typically composed of INMD staff and /or former Institute Advisory Board members. INMD will notify applicants of the competition results by email.
5. How to Apply
- Complete the Institute Community Support (ICS) application form [ PDF (626 KB) ] according to the following instructions:
- Complete Section 1. Note: If you do not have a CIHR Personal Identification Number (PIN), please visit the Register with CIHR web page.
- Complete Sections 2a – e only
- Enter "Nutrition, Metabolism and Diabetes Partnership Doctoral/Post-Doctoral Prize" in Section 2a
- Note: Do not complete Section 2f – i
- Do not complete Section 3.
- Complete Section 4.
- Attach Partner organization announcement of the opportunity. This should include a paper copy and a web link to the organization's prize announcement/application page. The following information should be clearly stated:
- Award Description
- Eligibility criteria
- Nomination procedure
- Selection process
- Name of proposed winner and their abstract
- Email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org. All emails received will be acknowledged.
A complete application consists of:
- A cover page
- A signed ICS form
- A copy of the organizations prize announcement/application process
- A copy of the winning abstract for relevance screening
Late applications or applications with missing documents will not be accepted. Applicants are responsible for ensuring that their applications are complete and submitted by the deadline.
- Footnote 1
CIHR-INMD will accept applications:
- from trainees enrolled in a graduate (i.e., PhD) course of study at a recognized Canadian Institution
- a postdoctoral fellow (post-MD/PhD) at a recognized Canadian Institution.
- Date modified: