Summary of the Stage 2 review process for the 2014 Foundation Scheme Pilot
(2015-06-18) The Stage 2 review process for the first Foundation Scheme pilot is now complete. A total of 445 applications were reviewed by an average of 5 reviewers. Based on the reviews, each application received a consolidated ranking and a standard deviation. The consolidated ranking is the average of all reviewers' individual rankings of the application, expressed as a percentage. The standard deviation indicates the variability among reviewer rankings.
After analyzing the results of the competition and the available budget, we have invited 189 applicants to the Final Assessment Stage. Applications were selected if:
- They had a minimum consolidated ranking above the 65th percentile; or,
- At least three reviewers ranked the application above the 70th percentile of their ranked list; or,
- At least two reviewers ranked the application above the 70th percentile of their ranked list AND they had a minimum consolidated ranking above the 56th percentile.
CIHR is committed to providing support to new/early career investigators with excellent training and early-career productivity. As communicated in the funding opportunity, a minimum annual intake of new/early career investigators will be established to support the objective of the Foundation Scheme. Different selection parameters were applied to this cohort. New/early career investigator applications were selected if:
- They had a minimum consolidated ranking above the 50th percentile; or,
- At least two reviewers ranked the application above the 70th percentile of their ranked list AND they had a minimum consolidated ranking above the 40th percentile.
All applicants not moving forward to the Final Assessment Stage have been provided with their individual results which include the consolidated rank, the standard deviation and the ratings and comments from reviewers. Applicants moving forward will receive their Stage 2 application reviews and competition results at the end of the Final Assessment Stage which is scheduled for July 15, 2015.
A set of Questions and Answers on the Foundation Scheme Stage 2 decisions will be circulated as soon as possible for your information.
Please visit the CIHR website to learn more about the Reforms of Open Programs and peer review processes. If you have any questions about this pilot competition, please contact email@example.com.
- Date modified: