CIHR Centres for HIV/AIDS Population Health and Health Services ResearchBuilding on the success of the first Centres for Population Health and Health Services Research Development in HIV/AIDS program, the success of the initial two Centres and a positive mid-term Centre program-level evaluation, the CIHR HIV/AIDS Research Initiative re-launched the new HIV Centes program in August 2013. The CIHR HIV/AIDS Research Initiative is now supporting the following two Centres for the next five years:
- Canadian HIV Observational Cohort (CANOC) Collaborative Research Centre led by Dr. Robert Hogg at Simon Fraser University and the BC Centre of Excellence in HIV/AIDS, Vancouver;
- CIHR Centre for REACH in HIV/AIDS, led by Dr. Sean Rourke at the Ontario HIV Treatment Network and St. Michael's Hospital, Toronto.
The current Centres Program's objectives are to:
- provide leadership and mechanisms for the ongoing, collaborative development and implementation of strategic, outcome-oriented research agendas aligned with current and emerging priorities in HIV;
- provide high-quality infrastructure for health services and population health research that enables Canadian researchers in different disciplines and regions of the country to collaboratively and efficiently conduct innovative and excellent research on HIV/AIDS and related health conditions;
- strengthen the capacity to conduct and apply health services and population health research through training and mentoring initiatives. Capacity building should be multidisciplinary and multi-jurisdictional in scope and support trainees and investigators as needed at different stages of their career;
- foster models of integrated knowledge translation and innovative strategies that accelerate the translation and uptake of knowledge and implementation of evidence informed practices, policies and programs; and
- ensure the active and meaningful involvement of stakeholders and partners (including people living with HIV, community organizations, clinicians, policy makers and relevant networks) in the Centre.
For more information on the CIHR Centres Program and the funded Centres, please contact: HIVAIDS-VIHSIDA@cihr-irsc.gc.ca
- Date modified: