IMHA Young Investigators Forum - 2012June 11-12, 2012
The forum offers young investigators (YI) tools to better prepare for and enhance their success in CIHR’s grant competitions, with the overall goal of providing them a 'home' in the Institute of Musculoskeletal Health and Arthritis (IMHA) research community.
Eighty young investigators from across Canada participated in the forum and took part in a poster session where they each presented findings from their scientific research.
To bring together Young Investigators (YI) from IMHA’s focus areas to:
- interact with one another
- learn about upcoming CIHR initiatives
- to attend workshops important for career development and related skills
The YI forum was a major training and educational initiative. The young investigators in attendance:
- networked with one another
- learned about research from our six focus areas
- improved their understanding of
- the CIHR grant writing process
- upcoming changes to CIHR programs
- the CIHR peer-review process.
The young investigators in attendance provided positive feedback on an online survey and were enthusiastic about future initiatives of this kind.
Participants of the “IMHA on the Move” fun walk/run
A workshop participant asking a question
IMHA thanks the members of the conference steering committee and all those who participated for their contributions to this important initiative.
- Date modified: