III Institute Community Support (ICS) Program 2017‑18
The ICS Program is designed to foster community development by providing grants and awards to individuals and organizations for the purposes of:
- Aiding research and knowledge translation activities where the circumstances fall outside of CIHR's current suite of funding programs.
- Supporting individuals, organizations and activities whose goals are consistent with CIHR's and its Institutes' vision, mandate and strategic directions.
The ICS Program is not intended to support the direct cost of research (e.g. pilot projects, feasibility studies or operating grants), principal and co-investigator salaries or research equipment.
Institute of Infection and Immunity (III) ICS Program
Under the framework of the ICS Program, III offers the following funding programs designed to encourage excellence in research and foster community development:
Objective: To provide Canadian early-career scientists – PhD candidates, post-doctoral fellows, post-health professional degree fellows and investigators at an academic or research institution – the opportunity to emerge with a state-of-the-art understanding of existing antibiotics.
III Planning and Dissemination Grants:
The Planning and Dissemination Grants program is administered through ResearchNet and is launched twice per year: summer and winter.
- to support planning activities, partnership development and/or increasing understanding of the health research landscape that will contribute to the advancement of research consistent with the mandate of CIHR and relevant to III; and/or;
- to support dissemination events/activities, relevant to III, that focus on the communication of health research evidence to the appropriate researcher and/or knowledge user audience(s), tailoring the message and medium as appropriate.
- The CIHR Institute of Infection and Immunity (III) will provide funding for applications that address research priority areas that are consistent with the mandate of the Institute. Please consult III research priorities.
For more information and to know how to apply, please visit the CIHR Funding Opportunities Database under " Other: Planning and Dissemination Grants – Institute Community Support".
Please note that if you are unable to find this funding opportunity in the CIHR Funding Opportunities Database this means that there is no current competition.
The Institute of Infection and Immunity’s contribution to the amount available for this program is subject to availability of funds voted annually to CIHR by parliamentary appropriations, and the conditions that may be attached to them.
The total amount available for the ICS program for fiscal year 2017-2018 is $182,500. These funds are allocated as follows: $140,000 towards Planning and Dissemination Grants (2 competitions), $25,000 towards the Bhagirath Singh Early Career Award (1 annual prize), $7,000 for travel awards for an Advanced Course of Vaccinology, and $10,500 for the International Course on Antibiotics and Resistance.
For information on ICS programs, please contact:
Élisabeth Pagé, Ph.D., M.B.A.
CIHR-Institute of Infection and Immunity
2705, Laurier Blvd, Room TR-61A
Québec (Québec) G1V 4G2
Tel.: 418-525-4444 ext. 46251
- Date modified: