Publications and Presentations - IPPH Ethics
- Population and Public Health Ethics: Cases from Research, Policy, and Practice
- Viehbeck, S. Greenwood, HL, and Edwards, N. Stimulating debate and dialogue around population and public health ethics: A virtual journal club in Canada, 2010. Amsterdam, Netherlands: European Public Health Association Conference; November 2010.
- Greenwood, HL, Viehbeck, S. and Edwards, N, Working towards common ground for population and public health ethics frameworks: Virtual journal club as an innovative method. Montreux, Switzerland: First Global Symposium on Health Systems Research; November 2010.
- Greenwood HL, Viehbeck S, Edwards N. Developing frameworks for population health ethics: the CIHR IPPH virtual journal club. Toronto: Canadian Public Health Association Centenary Conference; June 2010.
- Greenwood HL, Edwards N. Population health ethics: annotated bibliography. Ottawa: Canadian Institutes of Health Research - Institute of Population and Public Health; November 2009.
From theory to practice: working towards common principles and frameworks for population and public health ethics
Pre-conference Workshop at the Canadian Public Health Association - June 19, 2011, Palais des Congrès, Montréal
Ethical frameworks for population and public health are used to inform action to reduce inequities in health, and population health interventions including policies, programs and resource redistribution decisions. Such frameworks can bring equity to the forefront and consider health issues as part of complex, interconnected systems.
This CPHA pre-conference workshop aimed to:
- build capacity amongst workshop participants for population and public health ethics by considering the application of ethics principles to case studies of relevance to population and public health research, policy, and practice;
- stimulate discussion amongst workshop participants about ethics frameworks for population and public health amongst interested stakeholders from public health research, policy, and practice
- Date modified: